This Agreement is executed by the "Volunteer" and Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty”), a New York, not-for-profit corporation and its directors, officers, employees, agents, and affiliates (“collectively “Met Council”). The undersigned desires to volunteer for Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty and its affiliates on one or more days supporting the mission of Met Council, serving the poor or near poor in the metropolitan New York area.
The undersigned Volunteer hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress executes this Agreement under the following terms:
1. Definition of a Volunteer/Intern. A Volunteer is anyone who, without compensation or expectation of compensation beyond expense reimbursement, performs a task at the direction of and on behalf of Met Council. A volunteer must be officially accepted and enrolled by the agency prior to the performance of the task. Volunteers are not considered employees of Met Council. When a Met Council employee volunteers for Met Council, s/he agrees that s/he is acting of his or her free will in a voluntary capacity and understand that this voluntary service is not compensable.
2. Activities. The volunteer activities may include services supporting affordable housing, home services, crisis intervention, family violence services, services for Holocaust survivors, Kosher Food Network, and Benefits Access (“the Activities"). The undersigned Volunteer authorizes Met Council to contact him or her with information about Met Council including volunteer opportunities. The undersigned volunteer understands that these Volunteer Activities may include physical labor, office work, or other activities which may lead to personal injury
3. Compliance. The Volunteer agrees to abide by all rules and policies of Met Council including but not limited to the Met Council Code of Conduct and Ethics (found at www.MetCouncil.org) and policies found in the Volunteer Handbook on discrimination, harassment and professional behavior and appropriate attire.
4. Confidentiality. Met Council’s documents, electronic documents and communication, and information relating to Met Council, its clients, its donors, and its vendors are confidential property of Met Council. Volunteers agree not to disclose any confidential information, purposefully or inadvertently (through casual conversation), to any unauthorized person inside or outside the organization. Volunteers shall consult with his or her supervisor or volunteer coordinator for clarification if unsure whether someone is an authorized person or whether information is confidential.
5. Accidents and Injury. In case of accidents that result in injury, regardless of how insignificant the injury may appear, the Volunteer agrees to notify his or her supervisor and/or the Human Resource Director within twenty-four hours. While Met Council appreciates your volunteer service, you serve at your own risk.
6. Release and Waiver. The undersigned Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless Met Council and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, that arise or may hereafter arise from Volunteer's Activities with Metropolitan Council on Jewish Poverty. VOLUNTEER UNDERSTANDS THAT THIS RELEASE DISCHARGES Met Council FROM ANY LIABILITY OR CLAIM THAT THE VOLUNTEER MAY HAVE AGAINST Met Council WITH RESPECT TO ANY BODILY INJURY, PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM VOLUNTEER'S ACTIVITIES WITH Met Council , WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF Met Council OR OTHERWISE. VOLUNTEER ALSO UNDERSTANDS THAT Met Council DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR OR OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE OR OTHER ASSISTANCE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MEDICAL, HEALTH, OR DISABILITY INSURANCE IN THE EVENT OF INJURY OR ILLNESS.
7. Medical Treatment. Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge Met Council from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with the Volunteer's Activities with Met Council .
8. Assumption of the Risk. The Volunteer understands that the Activities and transportation to and from the work sites may involve work that may be hazardous to the Volunteer. The undersigned Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in the Activities, and releases Met Council from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the Activities.
9. Insurance. The Volunteer understands that, except as otherwise agreed to by Met Council, Met Council does not carry or maintain health, medical, or disability insurance coverage for any Volunteer. Each Volunteer is expected and encouraged to obtain his or her own medical or health insurance coverage.
10. Photographic Release. The Volunteer has read the Met Council Photo and Video Release linked here. The Volunteer hereby grants and convey to Met Council all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by Met Council during the Volunteer's Activities including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
11. Releases. Volunteer expressly agrees that the Releases contained in this Agreement are intended to bind the undersigned Volunteer and to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of New York and that this Agreement and the Releases herein shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. Volunteer also agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of these Releases shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Agreement which shall continue to be enforceable.
12. Age and Competency. The undersigned volunteer attest that he or she is at least eighteen (18) years old and competent to sign this Agreement and the releases herein and that they shall be binding on him or her, their legal representatives, heirs, and assigns. The undersigned volunteer attest that he or she has read the Agreement and the releases herein and fully understand their contents. If the volunteer is younger than eighteen years of age, please contact Met Council’s volunteer department at email@example.com or 212.453.9675.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, Volunteer hereby executes this Agreement: