Help Met Council create the most impactful teen service corps
Please help us by completing our survey and providing us with feedback so we can craft a program around teen’s wants and needs. The survey will take less than five minutes, but your input will help us shape Met Council’s teen programming for years to come.
Thank you for your help!
Becoming a Bar or Bat Mitzvah?
Make your Bar or Bat Mitzvah more meaningful by participating in our Mitzvah Program. We can work with you to design a special program or cause that will make an impact and showcase your commitment to helping those less fortunate. Here are just a few projects that previous B'nai Mitzvah have completed. Or start brainstorming your own ideas! The possibilities are endless. And the feeling you'll get from helping others? Priceless!
- Donate centerpieces containing food or toys.
- Donate money to fund a peer's Bar Mitvah celebration.
- Give a new dress or suit to a less fortunate B'nai Mitzvah.
- Ask your friends and family to make a donation to Met Council in your honor by including a special insert in your invitation.
If you are interested in working with Met Council on your Mitzvah Project, please call 212.453.9619 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
"I thought going to Met Council’s [food warehouse] was a great opportunity. It made me feel so great making these [food] packages knowing that all these people and families in need would have food for the high holidays and know that they are not alone and we are thinking about them. I know I'm definitely going to do more work with Met Council again soon and I want to donate a portion of my bat mitzvah money here."
-Lauren, age 13
See what outstanding kids and teens have done to help people in their neighborhoods, and get inspired to do your own volunteer project!
There are many volunteer activities that young people can do with Met Council. Get together with your friends and make a difference in the lives of our clients. Here is just a sample of some great projects that kids and teens have already done for us.
- Spend an afternoon making food or toiletry packages for those in need.
- Plant a garden at one of Met Council's low-income housing residence.
- Serve brunch and play bingo with our seniors.
- Sponsor a food drive and distribute it to needy New Yorkers.
- Make Shabbat packages for homebound seniors.
Have an idea in mind but don’t see it here? Ask us about creating your own volunteer project.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the volunteer department at 212.453.9675 or email@example.com.