Since 1972, Met Council has been a defender and advocate for New Yorkers in need,
and has raised awareness around the growing problem of Jewish poverty.
With services ranging from domestic violence counseling to kosher food pantries
to career training, Met Council helps individuals find lasting solutions to complex problems.
- We are a Jewish organization that serves everyone, regardless of race, ethnicity or religion.
- Our programs are efficient and effective; we get maximum leverage from our dollars and make the most efficient possible use of entitlements and government programs.
- With our cultural expertise in the Jewish and immigrant communities, we are uniquely able to treat clients with dignity and understanding.
- Together with our network of Jewish Community Councils located in NYC neighborhoods, we are the front-line contact for people who are vulnerable.
- We maintain a “no wrong door” policy: regardless of clients’ point of entry to Met
Council, we strive to address all of their needs in order to solve the root of the problem.
- A unique combination of advocacy and social services, helping individuals find immediate relief and lasting solutions to poverty.
- We help individuals and families in crisis to become self-sufficient, whenever possible, and to improve their quality of life.